Monday, August 14, 2017

Notebooks, glue sticks and lunch bags Oh My!

So I haven't been around in a few days, it's that time of year when I stand in the middle of the kitchen with my hands over my eyes while the world spins around me. Back to school, schedule changes at work, buying uniforms, buying new clothes, notebooks, lunch bags, glue sticks and on and on it goes. I thought I'd let you know that Finding Thyme has had new edits, if you'd like the update go to your manage content page on Amazon and you can click on the update there. Telling Thyme will be getting it's new edits this week. I like to do things out of order, that's how I roll.
I'm going to need about an extra twelve hours a day this week to get everything done. Once all the Mom-ing and employee-ing and wife-ing is done there's not always time for authoring, which means a choice between sleep and writing, and writing only wins for about three days before sleep takes control.
 I'm working on the prequel story to a little spinoff series in Everly's world. This one will be all about Everly's daughter Zaysa...it will be released as part of a Halloween anthology with a bunch of far more organized authors than me in, I think, mid September? I'll let you know more about that when it's more settled. I definitely need to get more organized. I've got three planners in my desk but they're not doing their jobs with blank pages.
 I got a wonderful email from a reader today which came on the heels of a nasty review. Someone didn't like my books and took up quite a bit of space illuminating each and every point of dislike. Sometimes it's hard to see those kinds of reviews, but it's then when I remind myself that I write these books to entertain, and I'm not going to entertain everyone. So Karma stepped in and evened out the world with a note from a reader telling me how much they enjoyed my book, there, even Stephens. Actually that's not entirely true, the happy reader tipped the scales a little. Sometimes it's hard to explain the balancing act of being an author. You're running a business that sells books yes, but those books are meant to serve a purpose far beyond an exchange of monies. Maybe when I get a little more time I'll add onto my about section and explain how it is that I came to write books...it's all about the laughs...and for now it's all about ordering school uniforms before I miss out on shipping deals...happy Monday!
Karny

No comments:

Post a Comment