Thursday, September 21, 2017

General Hospital, John Hughes and kitty pajamas...





When I was a little girl I would lie ( lie, lay, who can ever get this right without having to look it up all the time! ) on my belly on the family room floor with the Sears catalog and pick out all the toys I wanted... ( now that I read that I think of my seven-year-old spewing falsehoods while reclining on the floor...)
Like all kids my age did...
But then...
Then, as a young girl completely confused by all matters involving boys, and having not yet been corrupted by the John Hughes version of reality, I would look through the lingerie section trying desperately to come to a conclusion as to whether or not I would be the girl in the cutesy kitten pajamas or the sultry vixen in the slinky lingerie.
Yes...I thought I had to choose....cut me some slack I didn't know how grown up things worked. At that age, my understanding of all things sexual came from watching General Hospital at my aunt's house. So basically I thought that sleeping with someone was a literal term where you lay in bed unconscious with a man...a man with a very hairy chest of course...and for some reason that I didn't understand, you had to sleep with your head on his chest. I never understood that part, but that was how Luke and Laura did it so I thought that was the gig...
I was really worried though because I really liked the kitty pajamas and they never wore them on General Hospital.
That was supposed to be a delightfully funny segue into my struggle with wanting to write two very different kinds of books and my efforts to merge the two without alienating any of you...but now the kids are asking me for strange things that would involve a lot of paper towels and my brain froze up.
Here's the TLDR version because I think that's dinner burning that I smell...Everly is going to be getting a new set of pajamas...they're silk, dead sexy and they have Kitties all over them.
Don't worry there won't be any nice making with no-no parts right there for the whole world to see. That goes on behind door number three, which we won't open.
Oh my God I think I just used some kind of texting acronym...lighting bolts will strike. TLDR, that means jump to the end right? I hope so...that's what I meant
-Karny

No comments:

Post a Comment